Imatge del Moianès

Places of interest

Collsuspina

Bosc de Casanovas
The Casanovas Forest:
It is a protected area where you can see the three hundred-year-old oaks.
Carrer Major i nucli antic
High Street and old quarter of Collsuspina
The old town, well preserved, developed in the 18th century based on several inns situated along the highroad. The village of Collsuspina is characterized by its old part, of great architectural beauty. There are prominent buildings such as the parish church and Can Xarina, which was the first house of the village (built in 1550), a large Gothic Renaissance manor house and currently a restaurant.
Sant Cugat de Gavadons

Sant Cugat de Gavadons:

After strolling around the old part of Collsuspina, we can go up to the Romanesque church of St. Cugat de Gavadons (10th century).

It is a half-hour walk from the village, to the north. It is a Romanesque building dating from the 12th century and very altered in the 18th and 19th centuries by the addition of two chapels covered with gothic rib vaults.

Sant Cugat’s history goes back more than a thousand years: the first written reference to the Sant Cugat church “behind the mountains” dates from the year 968. Sometimes it is also called “Coll sa sima”, but Gavadons is its most usual name.

A belfry, later covered as a porch, highlights its silhouette. In Sant Cugat, Saint Peter Martyr was venerated for centuries as a protector against storms and has become the main patron saint of the place.

It is a marvellous peaceful place. The silhouette of the small church and its cypresses stands out against a boundless horizon of the beautiful mountain sky. The viewpoint at Sant Cugat de Gavadons, from where you can contemplate the Vic plain, the Montseny Mountain and the Eastern Pyrenees, is a must for the visitors.

Església dels Socors
Socors Church:
Around Can Xarina, four or five small houses were built throughout the 16th century, and for their religious service a chapel was built between 1592 and 1600 on the site of the current Santa Maria dels Socors parish church, which still preserves the entire original chapel, with its two bays covered by vaults. Since 1880 a new façade, a belfry and side chapels have been added.